EMT-B Training Program
The AEFT EMT Training Program fulfills the training requirements set forth by the State of California in Title 22 of the California Code of regulations Division 9, Chapter 2, for Emergency Medical Technician Basics.
Graduates of this program will be prepared to successfully complete the National Registry EMT-Basic Exam as the final step to obtaining EMT- Basic licensure in the State of California and working in a career on a BLS Ambulance, 911 Ambulance, Fire Department, Law Enforcement or a private company.
Job Placement Opportunities Immediately Available
Potential job placements for EMT graduates who have successfully completed the EMT Academy and obtained all required certifications will be contacted by varies businesses.
All classes are taught by Nurses (former Paramedics), Paramedics or Doctors who currently work in the field.
- Didactic lecture
- Realistic emergency simulation training
- Clinical ride alongs
- Interactive participation
$100 Application/Registration Fee (non Refundable)
$350 Course Material, ie uniform shirts, lab supplies, books (non refundable, Non returnable)
$1,850 TOTAL Payment plans can be established and 1% percent interest. Contact for
[expand title=”Course Materials”]
- 3M Littmann Classic III Monitoring Stethoscope, Black Edition Chestpiece
- ADC Diagnostix 700 Pocket Aneroid Sphygmomanometer with Adcuff Nylon Blood Pressure Cuff
- Visit 5.11 Tactical for Boots, Pants, and Belts that will hold up to the demands of the course.
[expand title=”Course Format/Time”]
Through a comprehensive course schedule, AEFT accelerated EMT Training Program gets you prepared for state and national licensure in less time.
Mastery of course topics and psychomotor skills can be completed in 18 days. In total, 5 consecutive weeks from 8am to 6pm will provide 160 hours of didactic and skills training.
Saturday classes are 12 hours 8am to 8pm. In addition, 24 hours of ambulance ride alongs will total of 180+ hours of comprehensive training. We will stay longer in class for those who need extra help on a case by case basis.
- 3 ambulance ride along shifts will need to be completed towards the back end of the program. A total of 18 days for the entire EMT Program. Due to national regulatory requirements for EMT training programs, missing more than 1 day of instruction will result in a failing grade for the course.
DUE BEFORE THE FIRST DAY OF CLASS.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age
- Applicant must possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Applicant must possess a current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS card
prior to the first day of class
- Current California Driver’s license
- Current Immunization Records for:
- TB- Tuberculosis within 1 year
- Tetanus within 10 years
- MMR- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (childhood record OK)
- Varicella Immunity
- Hepatitis B- At least shot #1 in series
- Specific prerequisites may apply depending on the program selected
- Tuition and fees – Tuition tables for specific courses appear with the course descriptions later in this catalog. Tuition costs include: textbook and ebook, uniform shirts, and equipment/ diagnostic tools (I.E. stethoscope, penlight, eye protection, safety-shears). Students are also responsible for a background check, live scan, health insurance and additional uniform items (Black boots, Black EMS Belt, Navy EMS Pants). The fees in the tables in this catalog are effective Jan 1, 2017.
- Physical Considerations – EMT-B students must possess sufficient ability to: Lift at least 50
lbs unassisted, stand, carry and balance on uneven terrain. Stoop, kneel, climb, crouch and
crawl as needed to reach patients and safely remove and transport. Carry and utilize
emergency medical equipment appropriately. Communicate verbally to patients, physicians,
nurses and co-workers. Hear, understand and react quickly to verbal instructions and patient
In addition, students must be able to travel to clinical and field sites as assigned and
work varying shifts and hours as assigned.
Anticipate completion by July 2019
BPPE Private Post-Secondary Approval, Educational Program EMT Basic