Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Renewal 8 hour class
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Renewal – American Heart Assciation
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support is an advanced , instructor-led classroom course that highlights the importance of the team dynamics and communication, systems of care and immediate post- cardiac-arrest care. It also covers airway management and related pharmacology. In this course, skills are taught in small, group sessions, group learning and testing stations where care-based scenarios are presented.
Audience: Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics, Firefighters.
- Airway management
- Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device and use of an AED
- Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation
- Effective Resuscitation Team Dynamics
- Key changes in advanced cardiopulmonary life support, reflecting the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Management of acute coronary syndromes (ACS)and stroke
- Recognition and early management of per- arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Related Pharmacology
Required Class Time: 8 hours
Continuing Education: 1 hr of CE for every 50 minutes of education
Student Materials: Students must purchase book and bring to class