This instructor-led course will train participants to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations and provide early use of an AED.
Students will participate in simulated clinical scenarios and learning stations. Students work with an AHA BLS Instructor to complete BLS skills practice and skills testing. Students also complete a written exam.
• The AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
• Use of an AED
• Effective ventilations using a barrier device
• Importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
• Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
- Full BLS Provider Course takes approximately 4.5 hours to complete, including skills practice and skills testing
- BLS Renewal Course takes approximately 3 hours to complete, including skills practice and testing
*Course time based on 1 instructor: 6 student: 2 mannequins