Bleeding Control for the Injured (B-CON)
B-Con teaches participants the basic life-saving medical interventions, including bleeding control with a tourniquet, bleeding control with gauze packs or topical hemostatic agents, and opening an airway to allow a casualty to breathe.
- Explain the rationale for early use of a tourniquet for life-threatening extremity bleeding
- Demonstrate the appropriate application of a tourniquet to the arm and leg
- Describe the progressive strategy for controlling hemorrhage
- Describe appropriate airway control techniques and devices
- Demonstrate the correct application of a topical hemostatic dressing (combat gauze)
Materials of Interest
This 4 hour course is designed for NON tactical law enforcement officers, firefighters, security personnel, teachers and other civilians requiring this basic training
A separate, additional PowerPoint module is included in the course materials specifically for law enforcement participants. This module provides an orientation to the content of the Hartford Consensus and the changing approach to active shooter and other complex and hazardous responses.
This course is accredited by CAPCE and recognized by NREMT.
**CAPCE credit must be claimed within 6 months of attendance. CME/CE credit will no longer be available to claim for this activity after the 6-month claiming period