CPR & AED for the Professional (AHA)
Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers
The Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Classroom Course is designed to provide a wide variety of healthcare professionals the ability to recognize several life ~ threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED, and relieve choking in a safe, timely and effective manner.
This course is for healthcare professionals who need to know how to perform CPR, as well as other lifesaving skills, in a wide variety of in ~ hospital and out ~ of ~ hospital settings.
- Key changes in basic life support, reflecting the new science from the American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Critical concepts of high ~ quality CPR
- The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
- 1 ~ Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- 2 ~ Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques
- Bag ~ mask techniques for adult, child and infant
- Rescue breathing for adult, child and infant
- Relief of choking for adult, child and infant
- CPR with an advanced airway as recommended
Initial Provider Course requires approximately 4.5 hours to complete, including skills practice and skills testing. Renewal course requires approximately 4 hours, including skills practice and skills testing. *course time based on 1 instructor: 6 students: 2 manikins
Continuing Education: 1 CE for every 50 minutes of education
Students Materials: Student must purchase a American Heart Association Student Book.
Facilitators: All CPR AHA Instructors are currently working as Paramedics, Firefighters, Police Officers, Doctors (Emergency Department) or Nurses (Emergency Department)
(AHA) CPR and AED for the Professional
Same Day Appointments: EL Dorado Hills, Sacramento Area, Folsom, Rescue,Placerville.